I can't believe this is Some ME Times 5th Year for our Mothers Day Brunch. www.facebook.com/somemetime God is definitely Good. It all started in 2006 with just a idea. I was so tired of going to a crowded restuarant for Mothers Day and possibly wait on a long line, mothers day was getting so boring for me.(I hope that came out right) I'd walk around my apartment and say to my Stew(my Fiance'), I want to do a Brunch for Women, I want to host an event for women thats fun and different, I talked about it night and day....... Finally I guess he got tired of hearing me talk about it and not actual take the necessary steps to get it done. After a few weeks of me talking and not doing..... he finally said four powerful words me. "JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!" I know it sounds so cliche' but I promise you its the truth. For some divine reason when he said those four words to me...... it's like a a light went on in my head. I know it sounds so cliche' but I promise you its the truth, thats how Some ME Time moved from my mind to a location. At that point it's like I knew what to do,who to call and where to go to make it happen.I called my friend Suga Sean Riley (comedian), My sister Dawn, My friends Alisa Parker and cousin Veronica Taylor. They were so helpful and supportive!!!! That year in 2006, 62 Women paid for my first Annual Pre-Mothers Day Brunch.
Sometimes I think about it and say WOW!!! The first year was 62 women and last year we had 218 women attend the brunch. Every year the event gets bigger and better. Every year the women leave feeling rejuvenated and refueled. www.somemetime.net Some ME Times Brunch gets better every year.... Our goal is to create a atmosphere of fun, laughter, bonding and tranqulity. We always serve GREAT food, we have excellent vendors, making last minute shopping enjoyable. We're alway responsible for making lasting memories with old friends and new.
I am so excited about this year!!!! I'm excited, nervous, anxious and uncertain. Although I don't have tangible proof that this year is gong to be the best yet I CAN JUST FEEL IT. Just like I told Eaze, a male server at Peaches Restuarant...... Just because you've never seen The Air....... doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I'd like to take this time to personal invite you to try something different this year for Mothers Day. Saturday May 7,2011 12-5PM. Join Some ME Time as we celebrate our 5th Annual Mothers Day Brunch at 161 Jamaica Avenue, Brooklyn NY. Enjoy a afternoon of fun, games, massage,wine tasting, comedy,make-up instruction and so much more.
This is my first entry of many to come. Please let me know what you think!!!
Simone/Some ME Time
www.somemetime.net

No comments:
Post a Comment